Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBig 70s Kirby kick right now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=659535&mesg_id=659910
659910, Big 70s Kirby kick right now
Posted by buckshot defunct, Thu Sep-05-13 12:06 PM
Finally reading those Kamandi issues I copped from Comixology's 99¢ sale a while back, right as his Captain America Omnibus shows up on my hold list at the library.

Goddamn.

The Kamandi stuff is just ridiculously beautiful and imaginative. With as much power this book has, I'm wondering how it's not currently a top-selling book or big movie franchise. There's so much here that just *works*.

The Cap stuff I'm reading is a bit more raw (I'm noticing what a huge difference a decent inker makes), feels more dated, but every bit as balls out insane. If you like what Remender and JRJR are doing with the current book, you gotta check out this run. I'm kinda hoping Falcon shows up in the new book on account of how great he is in this.

Something I've been figuring out since I got into the Fourth World stuff is that I think I prefer Kirby when they just more or less let him do his thing. The characters and worlds he created with Stan are timeless, but there's something about just being fully immersed in that raw, uncut Kirby Krackle that I love.