Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAck.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=659185&mesg_id=683352
683352, Ack.
Posted by CocoaCure, Mon Aug-04-14 04:50 PM
I didn't care for them breaking the 4th wall, omitting his comeback in the 80's, nor explaining the decline to drugs. They made it seem like he just woke up one day and said "Hmmm, I think I'll do some drugs today."

I also didn't like that they glossed over his influence in the music industry by just throwing a quick blurb on the screen at the end and by him saying it during his shotgun rant because it kind of trivialized his importance. I wouldn't have minded seeing him come full circle with the last live Apollo performance and them either listing all the songs that were sampled, or doing side by side snippets. For the movie to end in a timeline of the early 90's I don't see how even a song like "Fight the Power" got omitted. There was nothing in the end of the movie to show you how the music landscape or time had changed other than the white guy cleaning the pool bit. Outside music would have helped frame the time period better.

<----- ...I'm a peace-loving decoy
Ready for retaliation...