Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: I'm thinking they should have left it the week before Superman.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=643457&mesg_id=651405
651405, RE: I'm thinking they should have left it the week before Superman.
Posted by SankofaII, Mon May-27-13 03:50 PM
>Yeah that'd only give em one week... but it'd give Fast 6
>another week to cool down. Realistically, they were gonna need
>one big weekend to be anything close to a statewide success.

well didn't Fast 6 make well over 122.5 m plus domestically plus another 275 M worldwide in one weekend?!

The Hangover III did bomb compared to Fast 6: 42M/64M over the entire weekend...

real talk: Hangover III should have been dropped in August...it would have MADE a LOT more money if the studio did that. by that point, we all know August is the summer "dumping" ground for movies that would be a hard sell during the other months, threequels, etc.

if H3 was dropped in August it would have made WAY MORE....

shout out to Obie grad Ed Helms though. I'm glad you made SERIOUS bank because that annoying comedy schtick you got is wearing THIN and unless this rumored National Lampoon Vacation reboot with Chevy, Beverly and you and Christina Appelgate doesn't pop when it comes out...yea, im glad you made serious bank on these hangover movies because you being billed as a "comedy star"....*crickets*

>I'm keeping an open mind because kids really do like Jaden...
>but the lack of ads is concerning. Seems like they're just
>punting America, ready for it to make whatever it may make,
>and putting all their focus into the overseas markets, where I
>still think it'll make a hell of a lot of money-- enough for
>it to be considered a success.

as for AE, it's clear the studio is GUNNING for the overseas money. i mean, that's where studios recoup on nearly EVERY movie they put out.

I do think AE will make its money overseas...

but the lack of ads for this...is troubling.

at one point you saw them all the time...a few MONTHS ago.

now with the movie opening this Friday...i've seen maybe two ads for the movie...

not good.