Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't think most kids knew about the format change
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=643457&mesg_id=651386
651386, I don't think most kids knew about the format change
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon May-27-13 01:21 PM
To me, this is as simple as this franchise going up against another white-hot franchise

Fast Five was a solid movie, capped by a hell of a teaser for 6 (the reappearance of Michelle Rodriguez) which made you want to see: a) how she'd be brought back, and b) what new car stunts and tricks we'd see

Even if we thought it was shitty and mean-spirited, you're right, the kids ate The Hangover II up

So Warners got cocky and assumed that the kids would rather see another (supposed) raunch fest than see how that Fast Five cliffhanger would be resolved... they played up the ominous-ness of "this is The End of the Epic Trilogy," assuming that people would hop in line to watch just how much further these guys would debase themselves, and if it would have (implied) grimly funny consequences...

They should have moved this up to mid-to-late April, or even to late June; I bet they won't make this mistake again with Fast 7... lol

___________________________________________________________________________________
A No Rough Stuff Type Deal