Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt could work as well, if not better.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=613902&mesg_id=614049
614049, It could work as well, if not better.
Posted by CaptNish, Thu Jun-07-12 12:11 PM
The secret though is having comic people involved. These recent Marvel films work as well as they do largely because Marvel has a hand in making it. Not just that, but the success of the AVENGERS has a lot to do with Joss writing and directing that film. He's done work in comics. He respects the medium. He wasn't trying to "deconstruct it" or make it "real world."

As was already stated, DC doesn't work these properties in film, WB does. If the Brothers Warner were smart, they'd immediately get Dan DiDio on the phone and start mining the DC staff for consultants. A JLA movie will have three of biggest Superheroes of all time. It's already got that going for it. It doesn't have to sell too much stupid shit. I agree about Green Lantern looking dumb live action, bu I think the rest of the characters will totally work. You worry about the Flash, where as, I feel like the Flash could be this movie's Hulk, in that he's the surprise best character that shouldn't work.

I honestly think the only thing that could fuck this up is if they think they're better than the medium and start trying to change shit or make it "real."