Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe best part of this was the little tangential conversations.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=567063&mesg_id=572093
572093, The best part of this was the little tangential conversations.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jul-09-11 03:57 PM
Every time they got off task, the movie got five times funnier. The big gags were all right but mostly spoiled in the trailer (this movie would've been so much better had I gone in knowing zero about it)-- the side convos make it worth matinee price.

Favorite line: "Bowflex?"- Sudeikis to random huge black guy

Sudeikis and Day are especially good here. Bateman does Bateman. I actually really enjoyed Jamie Foxx as well-- sometimes I think he "acts" with quotation marks, but here he treats it like a character in a sketch, which it essentially is, so he fills every bit of screen time with little physical gags (the looks he gives while drinking from the straw were always funny).

The bosses are mostly devices: Aniston was funny, and Spacey had his moments (the gam-gam breakdown). Farrell had the most one-note and trivial character. Spacey and Farrell were almost *too* unbelievable-- it's wild to think that Jennifer Aniston blackmailing Charlie Day into fucking her seemed the least far-fetched, lol.

Worth catching. Don't expect anything great, but you'll get your laughs.