Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectum, you do realize that ice is........ frozen water, right?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=558025&mesg_id=558226
558226, um, you do realize that ice is........ frozen water, right?
Posted by theprofessional, Sun Mar-13-11 12:02 AM
lol, you're even dumber than the movie. like, significantly dumber. i was debating whether or not your post was even worth responding to. usually i let dumb responses go, but yours was just so far below the mendoza line. i can't not.

>i can freeze any substance- coke, oil, kool aid, maple syrup-
>melting it doesn't make it water.

but melting *ice* does make it water though. which is why i was confused about the point you were trying to make... until i read this:

>you're assuming it's all actual iced water, not ice from
>another substance.

wow. okay. wow. gather round, my son.

ice is frozen water. that's the definition of the word "ice." you can't get ice from another substance. so no matter where you find ice-- whether on another planet or in antarctica or in your glass of tea-- if you melt ice, you get water. and if you freeze water, you get ice. you can freeze substances other than water, but freezing them doesn't make ice. it makes frozen whatever you just froze. and melting them doesn't make water. it makes liquid whatever you just thawed. so.....

one last time. ice is frozen water. frozen water is ice. i'm not sure how i can make this any simpler for you. if i made a terrible alien invasion film about it, would that help you understand better? or maybe some flash cards?