Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectmaybe I can help. I'm a veterinarian.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=558025&mesg_id=558178
558178, maybe I can help. I'm a veterinarian.
Posted by will_5198, Sat Mar-12-11 09:05 AM
I have a high tolerance for these types of movies, but this one was just far too offensive. the main points of disinterest:

- the action was horrible! repeat this over 120 minutes: cut to close-up of Marine’s face, cut to indiscernible scenery, cut to blurry aliens shooting, cut to explosion, cut to close-up of Marine’s face, cut to indiscernible scenery...

- despite introducing about a dozen Marines with personal stories, none of them end up being remotely memorable. one guy has PTSD and his condition is never touched upon again. one guy is loud and from New Jersey. one guy is from Africa and has a sister. one guy is a virgin, so naturally you get *really* emotional when he dies without pussy. the comedian has two bad jokes and is quickly killed, leaving the audience not pandering for his light-hearted ways. seeing them all slaughtered was cathartic for me -- one less nameless face to utter dialogue.

- I can appreciate some mindless banter to move along the plot and action, but this one actually fills the gaps with completely *worthless* scenes. example: open heart surgery on a wounded alien to find it’s weak point. ten minutes later, we realize it’s...their torsos. now the Marines can stop aiming for the aliens’ toes! unsurprisingly, this revelation bears no significance for the entire remainder of the movie.

- I never want to watch a movie with shaky cam again.

- I never want to watch a movie with Ne-Yo again.