Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit was a "Call Of Duty: Alien Invasion-Time Crisis Edition!" mission.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=558025&mesg_id=558160
558160, it was a "Call Of Duty: Alien Invasion-Time Crisis Edition!" mission.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Mar-12-11 01:22 AM
SPOILER ALERT

the plot? get from point a to point b, where you'll grab civilians and get them to the safe zone! that is to say, there wasn't much of one. at all. it's kinda frustrating because there were quality side-story elements in play that could have been much better executed with an actual story.

what i will say is that it felt like exactly what i would guess an alien invasion would be like if i were in the military, the same way cloverfield felt like what it would be to be in the midst of a giant monster invading your city.

but the alien encounters? i felt a tinge of fear when they first showed up but not much after that. i felt like i was playing time crisis, the way they would pop in and out. it was essentially mindless waves of aliens, for days and days, and little else.

but again- if i were a grunt in the military? this is roughly what i would expect to experience. so while the movie has it's drawbacks, i suppose i "get it". the effects were fine by me though, i've got zero issues with that department. i have no qualms with the non stop fir fights; it's much better than tom cruise and his kids, or a love triangle with jeff goldlum and bill pullman.

personally i enjoyed it; it's certainly flawed but many of the current complaints are kinda EH to me.