Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectfinale *spoilers*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=499169&mesg_id=514562
514562, finale *spoilers*
Posted by dgonsh, Wed Apr-21-10 02:20 PM
firstly, WOW.

i think my mouth dropped 12 times in the last 30 mins.

BRAVO to Ted Danson for that breakdown with Olyphant in the truck.

BRAVO to Lily Tomlin for that breakdown with Joe/Patty/& while watching home movies.

BRAVO to Martin Short for his whole demeanor in the finale. Everything he did/said felt so real to his con-artist/gypsy past.

Seriously, can you believe these 3 brilliant comic actors brought DRAMATIC HEAT to a show so packed with dramatic greatness? Unreal.

Glenn Close was fantastic as usual.

Good to see Ray Fisk make a couple appearances. Loved the "Not this time" line to Art in the back of the squad car

Good to see Olyphant come back to settle things. The blunt truthiness he spit to Ellen in the diner was so refreshing for a show built on lies and deception. He was like fuck it, she deserves to know everything now that the air has cleared.

Goddam, Campbell Scott was a broken man falling deeper and deeper into the hands of greed this season. His scenes with Lily "You're Dead To Me" and the *flushing* of Tom was just vicious.

So much to let simmer in my mind.

I sincerely hope for another season to be worked out, but I won't be mad if this is how it ends. It's too bad we never got a scene with Ellen confronting her mother, but I guess it kinda makes sense for her character to just let it stir inside.

Another great season.