Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJavier Bardem would rule as Logan/James Howlett/Wolverine!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=476461&mesg_id=476607
476607, Javier Bardem would rule as Logan/James Howlett/Wolverine!!
Posted by da_illest_one, Mon Sep-21-09 05:58 AM
and forget the notion that a hard-R rated film wouldn't do well. Terminator, Aliens, Blade(I-III), Conan and many other R-rated franchises did well with audiences and made major figures in the theaters, so why wouldn't Wolverine??? I would have a director like Tarantino or del Toro helm the film with occassional F-bombs being dropped here and there. How could you correctly depict a unit of psychotic serial killers with super-human abilities without a drop of blood being shown or any dismemberment? Omega Red, Deadpool, Lady Deathstrike, Sabertooth, Daken, Wildchild, Cyber, Weapon XI, X-23, Maverick, and others were waaaaaay worse than Blade in terms of killing others so an R-rated film would do them justice. Blood and gore galore with a re-imagined semi-iconic comic costume would have Wolverine fans going bugnuts while seeing it. The main reason why they made the X-men/Wolverine franchise PG-13 was to market to kids during the summer season and sell toys. I think its a smart move on the studio's part but it strays too far away from the rawness and essence of the comics.