Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI just saw it for the first time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=476461&mesg_id=476462
476462, I just saw it for the first time
Posted by Wrongthink, Sun Sep-20-09 04:26 AM
and I can't say I was surprised at what it was, but there were some choices they made that just left me scratching my head. The last act completely negated any emotional investment you had leading up to it. They essentially just said 'sike' and didn't even bother trying to fill in the massive gaps they left. They were just like "fuck you, what are you doing caring about the plot anyway?"

Liev Schriber was good, quite good. So was Danny Huston, but I just generally like him.

The rest of the mutants were just corny and weren't helped at all by the dialogue. I usually like Ryan Reynolds, I just don't think he got the opportunity to do the Deadpool character any justice. They fucked up Remy LeBeau something terrible. Blob had potential but it just ended up being silly. I don't think I have to mention Wil.I.Am.

Bone claws are bad enough, but maybe I'm alone on thinking that in the movies Wolverine just heals way too damned fast. It takes away any real gravity of an injury. "Oh, a five ton log just fell on him. He'll be alright." Chronicles of Riddick suffered from the same problem, they essentially made the character invincible, and in so doing eliminated all the concern you have for the character you're supposed to care about.

What I still want is a hard-R wolverine reboot in which you really get to see the berserker rage that all the movies completely dropped the ball in examining. No pussy shit, I wanna see a brainwashed killer on blood-soaked, government-sponsored rampages in third world countries until he attains self-awareness, revenge and ultimate redemption. The character has way too much Cool Potential to just run the numbers in studio flicks forever, this has to get done.