Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthis is now one of my all-time favorite Disney movies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=475217&mesg_id=492263
492263, this is now one of my all-time favorite Disney movies
Posted by Jon, Thu Dec-17-09 11:43 PM
the only gripe i can think of (and its minor) is Tiana's name. just sounds like such a 2009 pander-move and does not feel one iota old-fashioned, deep south to me.

but really, that's just a minor pet peeve and the movie was the first real Disney-feeling Disney movie i've seen since puberty.

it truly has been a lonng time coming with this film. this one finally picks Disney back up where the early 90's left off.

i'm putting it right up there with Little Mermaid, which along with the OG Fantasia, is probably my favorite Disney flick ever (Lion King not far behind, although Lion King feels more like its own genre than "classic Disney" to me).

So many awesome side characters who I could really see legitimately joining the ranks of Sebastian, Flounder, Seven Dwarfs, The Genie in Aladdin, Lumiere, Thumper, Flower, etc.

Disney has been rather cheap and non-Disney-like to me since the mid 90s. This was very very refreshing.