Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWhy isn't that women comics aren't as funny as men?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=458381&mesg_id=458381
458381, Why isn't that women comics aren't as funny as men?
Posted by vee-lover, Sun Jun-21-09 12:48 PM
I've been waiting on a female comic to emerge that is as funny or funnier than Chappelle, Rock, etc. but there just doesn't seem to be a woman comic with that type of funny bone. I mean "The Queens of Comedy" was funny but not *drop dead, hold your stomach funny.*

I like Monique and Wanda Sykes, who are probably the funniest women comics thats out there but their brand of comedy is still not on par with their male counterparts.

Is there a historic reason why this has been the case? Have women not found those topics that are universally funny to everyone? And what sparked this question for me was listening to Kathy Griffin who is SOOOO NOT funny to me. She tries very hard and I have tried to give her a chance but she just isn't funny to me, especially to listen to for more than 30 minutes.

I do, however, think that the black female comics are funnier than their white female counterparts (as is the black male comics are funnier than the white male comics overall) but this isn't racial for me because there are still very few black female comics that are funny.

I mean as far as male comics go, we all know that by and large, Richard Pryor is viewed as the King of Comedy but who is considered the funniest female comic of all time?

thoughts.......