Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDo the Right Thing turns 20 (long swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=453223
453223, Do the Right Thing turns 20 (long swipe)
Posted by ZooTown74, Sat May-23-09 02:36 PM
From the Los Angeles Times

>Spike Lee's 'Do the Right Thing' turns 20

The 1989 film about racial tensions in a New York neighborhood got people talking. They still are.

By Jason Matloff

May 24, 2009

On Christmas Day, 1987, the 30-year-old Brooklyn-based filmmaker Spike Lee started working on the script for his third feature. His first, the 1986 surprise hit "She's Gotta Have It," was a trailblazing romantic comedy about young upscale African Americans, and his sophomore effort, "School Daze," a musical look at black college life, was in the can and set to be released two months later. In this new project, Lee wanted to examine the racial tension that enveloped New York City at the time, most of which was due to an incident that occurred in the predominantly white Howard Beach section of Queens a year earlier: A group of white youths attacked three black men outside a pizza place for simply being the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood. One of the black men, 23-year-old Michael Griffith, was chased onto the Belt Parkway and was struck and killed by a car.

The new film, which Lee titled "Do the Right Thing," wound up detailing how a single block in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Bedford-Stuyvesant -- one with the white-owned Sal's Famous Pizzeria at its heart -- erupted in racial violence on the hottest day of the year. It featured a striking visual style, an idiosyncratic blend of comedy and tragedy, and an extraordinary ensemble cast including Danny Aiello as Sal, the pizzeria owner; Lee as Mookie, an unambitious deliveryman; and Ossie Davis as Da Mayor, the local drunk. It also instantly established Lee as a major talent who couldn't be ignored or dismissed.

When "Do the Right Thing" was released, audiences and critics were divided. Vincent Canby hailed it in the New York Times as "a remarkable piece of work," and Roger Ebert, in his four-star Chicago Sun-Times review, added that it came "closer to reflecting the current state of race relations in America than any other movie of our time." On the flip side, Lee was criticized for a drug-free presentation of a crack-ravaged neighborhood and for being recklessly incendiary. In his review in the June 26, 1989, issue of New York magazine, David Denby said that "the end of this movie is a shambles, and if some audiences go wild, (Lee's) partly responsible." Jack Kroll in Newsweek called the film "dynamite under every seat." The critics' fears underestimated the audience -- no riots resulted.

The movie received two Oscar nominations (supporting actor for Danny Aiello and original screenplay) but no awards. The motion picture academy's political timidity was reflected in its choice for best picture, "Driving Miss Daisy," which featured Morgan Freeman as a Southern chauffeur. Lee, however, would have the last laugh. When the American Film Institute unveiled its list of the 100 greatest American movies of all time, neither "Driving Miss Daisy" nor "sex, lies, and videotape," which beat out Lee's film for the Palme d'Or at Cannes, were anywhere to be found. "Do the Right Thing" came in at No. 96.

On June 30, the film celebrates its 20th anniversary. To mark the occasion, Universal is releasing a two-disc special edition DVD with hours of extras, including a never-before-seen documentary and a new commentary track by Lee. Since making "Do the Right Thing," Lee has averaged nearly a film a year -- his latest is the basketball documentary "Kobe: Doin' Work." But "Do the Right Thing" continues to be his most celebrated movie.

In this oral history, key members of the cast and crew, including Lee, who sat down for two lengthy interviews, were eager to discuss the controversy that accompanied the film, the tensions on the set and how the movie played a role in bringing our president and first lady together.

'It's gonna be a scorcher today'

Spike Lee (Mookie), actor, writer, producer and director: New York City at that time was a very racially polarized environment, which I still feel was fueled by Mayor Ed Koch. The Howard Beach incident had happened, and I wanted to explore the love-hate relationship between African Americans and Italian Americans. I also wanted to do something that took place on the hottest day of the summer.

Ernest Dickerson, cinematographer: Spike and I were sitting together on a plane to Los Angeles and he was writing a script on a legal pad. The title at that point was "Heat Wave." He then asked me, "How do you portray heat on film? How do you get the audience to really feel it?" I remember we talked about having car radiators boiling over, hot asphalt and steam.

Jon Kilik, line producer: Spike and (co-producer) Monty Ross came to my place to talk, and either at that meeting or the next, Spike was, like, "Let's do the movie for $10 million, let's get Robert De Niro to star in it, let's get Paramount to finance it, and let's start shooting on July 18." Well, most importantly, we did start shooting on July 18.

Lee: Paramount was on track to make the film. Then at the last moment, out of nowhere, they didn't like the ending. They wanted Mookie and Sal to hug, all happy and upbeat. I wasn't doing that, so I called up Universal executive Sam Kitt, who I had known from my independent days, and he gave it to Tom Pollock.

Tom Pollock, then-chairman, Universal Pictures: I liked "She's Gotta Have It." I thought, "Wow, this guy's really talented." So when Spike submitted the script for "Do the Right Thing," I felt it had the potential of being great. I also had never before seen a movie that dealt explicitly with race and what was then called a race riot, from a black director.

Lee: Tom said, "Make the film the way you want to, but you're not getting a penny more than $6.5 million." He's really the unsung hero of this film. He was attacked after it was shown in Cannes, then he was attacked for releasing it in the summer.

'My people, my people'

Lee: I wanted Robert De Niro to play Sal. I mean, what young filmmaker wouldn't want him to star in their film? So I gave him the script and he liked it, but he said it wasn't for him.

Danny Aiello (Sal): I was in New York at a party for Madonna and as I was leaving, this little guy runs after me and says, "I have this script." So we started a dialogue which led to our meeting in restaurants, going to a Yankees game, going to a Knicks game. We became close.

Robi Reed, casting: I had just happened across Robin Harris and Martin Lawrence, both of whom were fairly early on in their careers. So I told Spike, "Next time you're in L.A., let's go see these guys perform at the Comedy Act Theater and maybe we can put them in the movie."

Martin Lawrence (Cee): I remember Robi and Spike coming to the club. I didn't alter my performance or anything, I did what I did.

Lee: I was in a Los Angeles club called Funky Reggae at a party for my birthday. This young lady was dancing on top of a speaker, and since it was my party, if she fell and broke her neck, I was going to get sued. So I told her to please get off, and she jumped down and cursed me out. I had never heard a voice like that before.

Rosie Perez (Tina): That's fiction. There were a bunch of African American girls on the stage bending over. It was a contest to see who had the biggest butt. I jumped on the speaker and started screaming for the women not to degrade themselves. I wasn't dancing.

Lee: I love Rosie, but she was not on top of the speaker saying, "Women, we must rise against this!" She was dancing. She was the choreographer for "In Living Color," and all the Fly Girls did were shake their asses. So that story is bull.

Ruby Dee (Mother Sister): I knew this character from my childhood in Harlem. I remember seeing women on Seventh Avenue leaning out the windows, sitting on a pillow, just watching the block activity as if it was a television program. I was surprised that someone as young as Spike knew this character.

Giancarlo Esposito (Buggin Out): I'm half-Italian and half-black, so I understood both sides on a deep level. And a hard part of growing up for me was that I didn't want to take sides. But for this character, I had to.

Roger Guenveur Smith (Smiley): All of my work throughout the film was improvised. There's no Smiley in any script.

Stephen Park (Sonny): In the script I had, my character was known as "Korean Clerk." And when Ginny Yang, who played my wife, and I were called to the set on walkie-talkie, we were referred to as "the Koreans." That really bothered me, especially considering the film dealt with race relations. So I told Spike that I wanted my character to have a name. I mentioned that my Korean name is Sun Kyu, at which point Danny said, "Sonny. I'll call you Sonny." It was a mini-Ellis Island moment. And it meant a lot to me.

Lee: Matt Dillon turned down the role of Pino. His agent told him not to do it. Then I saw the film "Five Corners," in which John Turturro beats a penguin to death and throws his mother out a window. I was like, "That's the guy I want to play Pino."

John Turturro (Pino): When I read the script, I thought, "This is what's happening." I grew up in Hollis, Queens, which was basically more black than white. So I knew both sides of the coin.

Aiello: I didn't think Sal was a racist, but I don't think he was a nice guy all the time either. Spike has said that I tried to make Sal lovable, which isn't true.

'Fight the Power'

Chuck D (of Public Enemy): Spike said that he was doing a film that would reflect what was happening in New York City at the time and he wanted a song that would signify that theme, and that Public Enemy had to be the artist that recorded it.

Lee: I needed an anthem. . . . When I heard "Fight the Power," I was, like, "This is it!"

'Bed-Stuy -- do or die'

Wynn Thomas, production designer: I scouted every block in Bed-Stuy. The location that we settled on fit all our requirements: two vacant lots directly across from each other, where we could build Sal's Famous Pizzeria and the Korean Market. The ultimate compliment was when real people would walk off the street and try and buy a slice.

Turturro: The neighborhood had a lot of energy, but it was dangerous to drive through at night. You definitely didn't want to have a flat tire at four o'clock in the morning, because there were a lot of hungry dogs out on some streets.

Lee: There were crack houses in the neighborhood. The NYPD was not thought of that highly in most black communities, especially Bedford-Stuyvesant, so we got (Minister Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam's security forc) the Fruit of Islam to watch the set.

Dickerson: It became the safest block in Brooklyn!

Richard Edson (Vito): I tried to get through to the Fruit of Islam guys. It was kind of a challenge because I knew they had very strong racial feelings. So every morning, I would say hello and try to engage them. I don't think they ever even acknowledged me. I finally gave up after about four weeks.

Esposito: Those guys were hard-core. They just didn't like or hang out with white people.

Turturro: They talked to me all the time. They called me Brother John. I guess Richard is not as black as I am.

'How come you got no brothers up on the wall?'

Aiello: Spike has said that when we were filming the fight in Sal's, I didn't want to use the word "nigger." He might be talking about John Turturro or Richard Edson, but definitely not me. What I said to him was, "Do you want to use it this much?" I felt that you diffused the word if you kept saying it. Spike hired me because he knew I wasn't afraid to say the word. He knew I used that word my whole life. I'm not proud of it but I did. I grew up in a black neighborhood and both blacks and whites said it.

Lee: Danny did not want to say the word. He told me that he had never used it before. I was like, "Come on, you're playing a character and don't tell me that Sal has never used that word before." During the scene, Giancarlo called Danny something like "guinea bastard," and Danny flipped and called Giancarlo a nigger. That's the take we used because he went berserk.

Esposito: I remember Danny not wanting to say the word because he felt it was too obvious. So we talked about how he grew up and how I grew up, so we could get to a place where we could push each other's buttons and say things we really didn't want to. When we started getting into the scene, I held off on calling him a guinea, because I knew how much Italians hated that word, because my father's Italian. In fact, Danny reminded me at that time of my dad. I grew up with Italians so I actually believe that I'm more of a guinea bastard than a nigger. But when I finally said it, Danny flipped. It was an amazing moment. When we finished, the first thing we did was hug each other. We were both in tears because that was a lot of hate to access.

'Burn it down, burn it down!'

Bill Nunn (Radio Raheem): The whole neighborhood felt hot that night. You got the vibe that something could have really jumped off. There was something in the air that was electric, and a little dangerous.

Dee: In a sense, I wasn't acting because I had lived through it. In Harlem, I had seen the people running down the streets, ransacking stores, and the cops trying to beat them up.

Aiello: It was sad to watch Sal's burn down. I thought it should have been preserved, almost like a landmark or tourist attraction.

Thomas: I wasn't looking forward to its destruction, so Spike burned it down on a day when I wasn't on the set. I thought that was very sensitive.

Smith: Going into the burning pizzeria was like walking into a huge propane-fueled barbecue pit.

Dickerson: I got a little spooked because the flames were crawling up the walls, so we had to cover ourselves with blankets because we were being bombarded with hot exploding glass.

Lee: I wanted to use three Frank Sinatra songs in "Jungle Fever," so I approached Tina Sinatra, who handled that stuff. She said, "Spike, I don't know. My father wasn't happy about his picture being burned in the pizzeria." It's funny -- Pacino never said anything, De Niro never said anything. I had to do some serious smoothing over with Frank.

'Always do the right thing'

Lee: To this day, no person of color has ever asked me why Mookie threw the can through the window. The only people who ask are white.

Edson: I don't think Mookie did the right thing. He did what he felt he had to at that moment. But then did Sal do the right thing by smashing the radio? I think there were a lot of wrong things.

Kilik: He absolutely did the right thing because, whether consciously or not, he directed the anger away from Sal and his sons. He probably saved their lives.

Nunn: I didn't really understand why Mookie did what he did. Sal was doing the neighborhood kids a favor by staying open late. He was trying to do a good thing.

Esposito: Mookie did the right thing for Mookie. But I think he definitely made a mistake.

Perez: No comment.

Lee: That's up to the audience.

'Together, are we gonna live?'

Barry Alexander Brown, editor: I showed a filmmaker friend of mine the movie. And afterward, he said, "You and Spike are irresponsible. There are going to be riots and people are going to get killed."

Lee: People actually thought that young black Americans would riot across the country because of this film. That's how crazy it was. It was the furthest thing from my mind because I had faith in my people. But I still feel that some white moviegoers were scared to see it in theaters because they might be filled with crazy black people.

Edson: It incited discussion, that's what it incited.

Dickerson: It bothered me that people reacted that way but I wasn't surprised because films that try to deal with racism often get a short shrift. Take Sam Fuller's "White Dog," which is a brilliant movie. It's about racism, but it's not racist.

Perez: The Latin community just blew a gasket over my depiction. They were bothered that I was a single mom, that I was -- whether they would admit it or not -- impregnated by a black man, that my accent was heavy. I would say, "If you don't believe that there is truth to my character, walk into a welfare office." And that pissed them off even more.

Lee: It disturbed me how some critics would talk about the loss of property -- which is really saying white-owned property -- but not the loss of life. "Do the Right Thing" was a litmus test. If in a review, a critic discussed how Sal's Famous was burned down but didn't mention anything about Radio Raheem getting killed, it seemed obvious that he or she valued white-owned property more than the life of this young black hoodlum. To me, loss of life outweighs loss of property. You can rebuild a building. I mean, they're rebuilding New Orleans now but the people that died there are never coming back.

Aiello: Spike brought attention to the film and that is, of course, good. But he was quite controversial in his press conferences, talking about Malcolm X and so forth. If it wasn't for that, I feel the film had a chance to win the Academy Award for best picture.

Dickerson: ("Driving Miss Daisy" winning best picture) still hurts. It definitely does.

Lee: I let it go. But let's be honest. If you look at the academy voters 20 years ago, which movie are they going to like? One with characters named Buggin Out and Radio Raheem? Or one with a subservient, obedient, yassah-massa character?

Aiello: I love Denzel (Washington, who beat Aiello in the supporting actor category, for "Glory"), but that film was a joke. I look at it today and laugh.

'We had a great, great day'

Turturro: Would I do it again? Of course, I would. They don't make movies like that anymore, man.

Aiello: We made something special.

Smith: People will come up to me on the street and start stuttering, "Ma-Ma-Malcolm. Moo-Moo-Mookie."

Nunn: One thing I get a lot is, "Where's your radio?" I'm like, "Didn't you see the movie, man? It burned up."

Perez: People always ask me to say the name "Mookie." I tell them, "No, rent the film."

Turturro: Maybe there will be a sequel in which Pino's married to a black woman and he has his own pizzeria: Pino's Famous. Oh, and it's in Bed-Stuy.

Lee: There was a benefit for Barack Obama on Martha's Vineyard when he was running for the Senate. I didn't really know who he was. He came over and said, "You're responsible for me and my wife getting together." Then he told me how they saw "Do the Right Thing" on their first date, and then went to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream and talked about it.

Smith: We're actually responsible for a whole new era in American political achievement.

Lee: I think he is a very smart man, because if he had taken Michelle to see "Driving Miss Daisy," things would have turned out a whole lot different.
Let's listen
453231, Good read. Thanks for posting.
Posted by bignick, Sat May-23-09 03:53 PM
453243, excellent read. excellent film making.
Posted by xbenzive, Sat May-23-09 06:50 PM
EDIT: They need to release the film again in theaters. I wonder how people in their youths will response to it, knowing how things change since the then.
453362, I would love to see it in theatres
Posted by Duval Spit, Sun May-24-09 06:45 PM
But I predict the seats would be mostly empty.
453285, Thank you, that was nice
Posted by sl_onIce, Sun May-24-09 07:22 AM
453360, Damn, it's getting another 2 disc special edition treatment
Posted by Wordman, Sun May-24-09 06:16 PM
That's pretty impressive.
I hope I make a film one day that warrants such treatment.
Course, I'm kinda mad 'cause I dropped damn near 40 for that Criterion, just for another edition to come out with more stuff. But there are few movies that deserve it more than DTRT.

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams
453420, RE: Damn, it's getting another 2 disc special edition treatment
Posted by Numba_33, Mon May-25-09 07:40 AM
>That's pretty impressive.
>I hope I make a film one day that warrants such treatment.
>Course, I'm kinda mad 'cause I dropped damn near 40 for that
>Criterion, just for another edition to come out with more
>stuff. But there are few movies that deserve it more than
>DTRT.

I'm hoping the commentary on the re-release is different from the one done on the Criterion version. I have a feeling some of the extra video content is the same though.
453396, Rosie is always bitter when talking abt this movie....
Posted by scorpion, Sun May-24-09 11:34 PM
it annoys the shit out of me...

if it werent for the movie...she wouldnt be acting....

I've heard her rail abt her nude scenes, but them she's gone on to do a shit load of nude scenes...must we remind her of that godawful Perita Durango?

Sinister Beauty
www.windimoto.com
www.myspace.com/windimotomusic
http://twitter.com/windimoto
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54646599773
http://windimoto.com/scorpeze-blog/
453449, bitter bitter bitter
Posted by MosCommonThought, Mon May-25-09 01:45 PM
she's mad!
475810, she mad because spike was just trying to hit
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Sep-16-09 01:29 PM

"Play Your Game" (c) Stan Van Gundy
453423, Criterion did this DVD already.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Mon May-25-09 09:22 AM
I'm not sure what other documentary they're talking about, but the one on the Criterion Collection 2 disc set was pretty extensive.
453571, I was thinking the same thing when I read this
Posted by bignick, Tue May-26-09 02:29 PM
>I'm not sure what other documentary they're talking about,
>but the one on the Criterion Collection 2 disc set was pretty
>extensive.
453437, the movie that brought the First Couple together
Posted by colonelk, Mon May-25-09 11:52 AM
Barack and Michelle's first date was DTRT.

Can't wait for the 2nd Inaugural when BO will tell the story of left hand, right hand.
453440, The best film of the last 25 years.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon May-25-09 12:41 PM
453447, 1 of my favorite movies.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon May-25-09 01:42 PM
i said that to 1 of my law school profs and he was disturbed. he's Italian.

his favorite movie? Goodfellas.

i laughed. hard.
453589, I was not expecting how the film ended
Posted by handle, Tue May-26-09 04:25 PM
As a 19 year old white kid, seeing the film alone in a theater which was only 30% full, but at least 70% black - the tension was *high*.

The experience was viseral. When Radio Raheem got choked out I almost blacked out, and when Mookie picked up that garbage can, and then through it into the glass window - I completely flipped out. I felt like I was inside the pizzeria as it was burning. It was intense.

I didn't know who to empathsize with, or who was right and who was wrong. I came away from the movie thinking that everyone was wrong - and that everythone thought they were right.

I always felt that Mookie did the wrong thing - for what he felt were the right reasons. I didn't really understand Sal - I have a feeling Mookie and Sal didn't really understand each other.

It prompted more than a few race relation discussions back in 1989, that's for sure.
453718, Then I think the movie did it's job
Posted by 13Rose, Wed May-27-09 02:33 PM
It really REALLY makes you think.
453739, why did you think mookie did the wrong thing?
Posted by now or never, Wed May-27-09 05:29 PM

-----
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. (c) HL Mencken or some other motherfucker.

i be bloggin'
www.prettydamndope.com
453761, The opening with Fight the Power is a seminal moment in Hip Hop
Posted by Castro, Wed May-27-09 07:54 PM
Its not my favorite film, and at this point I don't know if its my favorite Spike Lee joint, but its his greatest film, Malcolm X included.

453976, This was a great read, I wish it was longer
Posted by icecold21, Thu May-28-09 08:02 PM
Very interesting and good insight.
454132, DTRT was the perfect reflection of the Black man's struggle & circumstances
Posted by kevgalaxy, Fri May-29-09 01:54 PM
And to be on the amusing side, it introduced us to Rosie Perez & had a vicious soundtrack-real talk.
454143, *sings* "It's just my fantasy, image in a magazine..."
Posted by kevgalaxy, Fri May-29-09 02:02 PM
454200, Edited Vrs on TV: D, Mickey-Fickey D!!!!!!
Posted by Nathaniel, Fri May-29-09 08:13 PM
For the slow-getting: This was the scene where "Radio Raheem" blows out the batteries on his walking-system (radio) and goes into the korean store for the re-up, of course nobody behind the counter understands...

I hate the way they butcher us.
475674, .
Posted by bignick, Tue Sep-15-09 05:52 PM
475679, just seen it for the first time
Posted by Rolo_Tomasi, Tue Sep-15-09 06:58 PM
apologies for the new post on the same topic.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/film_programme/september_seasons/fight_the_power

Do the Right Thing was both celebrated and reviled on its release 20 years ago. We introduce a season that includes some of the films that influenced its making, as well as just a few that it influenced.

Boyz n the Hood, Clerks, Do The Right Thing, La Haine, Hollywood Shuffle, I Like It Like That, Juice, Killer of Sheep, Krush Groove, Malcolm X, She's Gotta Have It, Stranger Than Paradise and Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song.

Introduction by Michael Hayden

In December 1986, three black men were driving through the Howard Beach area of Queens, New York, when their car broke down. They wandered into a nearby pizzeria, hoping to use a phone and eat, but were hounded out, to be confronted by a gang of white youths wielding baseball bats. They were brutally attacked, and one of them, 23-year- old Michael Griffith, was chased into the path of a car and killed.

That was not the only incident to provoke Spike Lee to focus on racial tension for his third feature, though it was indicative of a climate in New York, and more broadly, in America, that he wanted to address. It was a bold step for Lee. While his previous features may have gained him a name as something of a provocateur, they had only been seen as political in the sense that an African American was making them. With Do the Right Thing, he was explicitly attempting to strike an angry, and vital, blow against racism.

Yet, on its release in the summer of 1989, Lee was accused of whipping up racial hysteria, of putting dynamite under cinema seats, of being a racist himself. Critics claimed he'd have blood on his hands from the riots that would inevitably follow screenings of the film. Such reactions seem somewhat hysterical now, but it's worth noting that this was a time before the likes of Denzel Washington and Will Smith were genuine A-list movie stars, when black film-makers worked almost exclusively in the independent sector, from where Lee emerged, and it was a long time before anyone considered there might be a black man in the White House. The current President of the United States is said to have taken his future wife to see Do the Right Thing on their first date. Lee has joked that if he hadn't made the film, Barack and Michelle would have had to make do with Soul Man.

The 'inevitable' riots didn't materialise when the film was released, and it has survived to be justly revered by cinephiles, probably because it was made by one. In his journal on the making of the film, Lee constantly references other films: Powell and Pressburger influenced the brash colouring of the film; he wanted to use 'Chinese angles like the ones that were used so effectively in The Third Man'; he screened In the Heat of the Night, Body Heat and Apocalypse Now, to get a sense of how heat is conveyed in film; and he wanted the humour to be like that in Dog Day Afternoon, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Network or The Last Detail, 'serious movies that are funny as shit.'

Mookie, Lee's character in Do the Right Thing, repeats his mantra, 'I gots to get paid.' This season is an attempt to give Spike Lee his dues, and recognise the film as one of American cinema's finest.
475842, Somebody 'splain why this film is so highly regarded to me
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Wed Sep-16-09 04:11 PM

I was shocked…SHOCKED when I saw how high it ranked in our “top 100 movies” lists. It didn’t even make my top 100. I’m missing something, I’ll admit it. For me this film is like Raekwon’s “Only Built 4” album, an album I disliked utterly and completely yet is revered by so many people who’s opinions I trust.

©

Protest, yes, and I suggest you hide
Cause I'm comin...
hummin the song of redemption
Makin stacks, takin tax exemptions
475873, I think it's one of those you had to be there type flicks
Posted by k_orr, Wed Sep-16-09 06:14 PM
Now as for you not liking OB4CL, that's just bad taste on your part.

one
k. orr
475884, lol
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Wed Sep-16-09 07:06 PM
>Now as for you not liking OB4CL, that's just bad taste on
>your part.
>

I've worn that for years man. Had one friend physically threaten my health...and I was in this guy's wedding for crissakes.

©

Protest, yes, and I suggest you hide
Cause I'm comin...
hummin the song of redemption
Makin stacks, takin tax exemptions
475946, the convo in this thread from post 14 to 22 is why this flick is great
Posted by thegodcam, Thu Sep-17-09 12:43 AM
475951, Because it's fucking great. That's why.
Posted by bignick, Thu Sep-17-09 01:11 AM