Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGotta agree with you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=448135&mesg_id=448197
448197, Gotta agree with you
Posted by MANHOODLUM, Sun Apr-26-09 08:55 AM
IMO, Wahlberg and Baldwin had the great lines...they didn't have much to do besides deliver great lines.

I really liked Leo in The Departed.

He was tortured. I have cousins like that, and he had them locked. People can judge his character, or his acting, but I'm telling you...Leo won.

After a few decades of Mob movies, comedians, cynicism, etc... it's easy for us to deliver one-liners. The delivery of sarcastic one-liners is an art that was perfected and easily mastered long ago. RIP Lenny Briscoe.

The only person in that movie that let their nuts hang was Damon...who was way out of his "working class, boy next door" posturing.

Leo rocked it.

Sheen was great, too. Yeah, he was cool as hell, but as far as stretching, all the director had to tell him was "Act like the father figure you had or wish you had".

Leo carried a lot of A-listers on the back of his stretch character. The A-listers did their thing GREAT, but no stretch. Shit, I wish I could get paid delivering cynical, sarcastic cracks.

Leo won.