Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI conveniently missed T3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=438272&mesg_id=439549
439549, I conveniently missed T3
Posted by box, Sat Mar-07-09 11:11 PM
I did see some early episodes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles and found it to be bad in too many ways. I know that's not the general consensus and it could have even developed to a point where I'd like it. But the point is, not even that lowered my expectations; my expectations have always been based on the potential of the series, not on the flubs along the way.

I guess for me, it comes from the fact that after I saw T2, my immediate observation was that the next movie needs not to have any time travel at all, it should just be set in the future and be a futuristic war movie.

In my mind, this is the movie that T3 should have been (TSCC didn't need to "be" at all). That they are finally making the right movie, and with Christian Bale at that, gives me my high expectations. McG certainly is a sticking point, but I would have though Bryan Singer would do a bang-up Superman movie. After that, it'll be a little while before I can expect any director to automatically meet their hyped expectations (success or failure).

box