Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI blew an interview at New Line once.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=333640&mesg_id=333665
333665, I blew an interview at New Line once.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Nov-30-07 01:02 AM
It's honestly the only interview I've totally BOMBED. I just had an interview today where I left saying, "Why'd I say THAT?!" but I didn't bomb it.

The New Line one was for an internship. I'm glad I DIDN'T get it, but in the moment - it was fucking awful. First, I was late to the interview. If you don't know LA - well, Wilshire Blvd. is a BITCH at like 10am. Theres Wilshire West and Wilshire East. I got off at the wrong one (I don't remember what that one was) and when you go the wrong way on Wilshire at that time...forget it. So I was late...and I distinctly remember being on the phone with my girlfriend like, "I'm not even gonna show up." She told me to, so I did...but not before I got a call saying, "Where are you?"

Anyway, I got there. I spelled "savvy" wrong on my resume, I answered questions like an idiot...to the point where it was almost an out of body experience. I was like, "WHO IS THAT DUDE AND WHY IS HE SO FUCKING AWFUL AT INTERVIEWING?!" When they asked me professional questions, I'd give responses with examples from my personal life. Embarrassing. Then they took me over to the bigger boss...and I did better with him, but still not great.

Then they were like, "Well, this doesn't mean you didn't get the job, but we wanna take you to the music label we have here." Bitch, I'm coming here for a fucking internship for FILM SCHOOL. What do I need a MUSIC DEPARTMENT interview for? When they took me up to the music department, the dude I interviewed with was like, "So uh, why'd they bring you here?" to which I had no real response. I mean, there was some other stuff in there, but these are what I remember as being just awful moments in a terrible interview.

Every interview since then, I've NAILED. It was that bad.