Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWhat don't you get??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=276935&mesg_id=277440
277440, What don't you get??
Posted by handle, Sun Apr-29-07 01:36 PM
>Do you have a problem with hatred focused towards Bill
>Clinton? My reading of your reply, due primarily to the
>repetition and underscoring of exactly where the hatred was
>directed, assumes you do. Or perhaps its just hatred towards
>any president/political figure that you find contemptible?

Personal hatred is very unappealing to me, and is not likely to sway my view on a political figure. Hitchens HATED Clinton, pure hatred. NOT Clinton's policies, but CLINTON.

In my view, Clinton was far to the right of my political views, but the "scandals" and impeachment were a HUGE waste of time for this country.

Then Bush comes in, has a huge failure of policy (9/11) and Hitchens jumps on the bandwagon.

Hitchens philosophies at this point are wrong (in my opinion) and seeing him on tv , very possibly drunk, telling lies about 9/11 and Iraqis too much for me. The last time he was on Real Time I think he was worse than any right-wing pundit that had ever been on that show.

His argument that Sadaam (and Talibanism) are "evil, bad things" I can agree with, but his support for insane, and mismanaged, war is just plain silly.

He's thrown his support in with incompetent and stupid (intelligent , yes, but stupid too) people that plan consits entirely of "a. Show them force and they will submit to our will. b. When they don't then repeat steps a."

Hitchen's brain is a the same loop as Bush or Cheney's at this point. And the circular policies they support are not good for our country. And that's why I think he's a tool.

Three people died on 9/11 that are still walking around: Christopher Hitchens, Dennis Miller , and Phil Hendrie.