Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectcrisis had..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=257108&mesg_id=257484
257484, crisis had..
Posted by Stryfe, Fri Feb-23-07 09:27 AM
4 miniseries leading into an event..none of the miniseries was needed to understand the event..

I never read COIE, or the 4 miniseries but i understood everything that happened in Crisis
the even mini showed everything happening, wich was expanded on in the regular issies of affected characters
whereas CW was just a mess..u needed to read spidermanto understand the main, u needed ff for the main and so on

IC changed the DCU without invalidating most of the back story...everything we read up untill Crisis still happened, hell it even validated everything pre COIE

IC had their characters actually acting in character,...WW is a warrior...she will do what needs to be done, Supes sees everything black and white, nto to mention Bats

IC had their second or third stringers actually turn into import people(beetle, booster gold) ...CW gave us goliath..

i can go on and on and on and on.....

but it boils down to this..
IC did what it set out to do..change the DCU with respect to the past, the present and a framework for the future
CW did what it set out to do..while pissing on the past, forcing the present, and mandhandling the future