Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI tried but couldn't get through it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=234961&mesg_id=237108
237108, I tried but couldn't get through it...
Posted by BreezeBoogie, Mon Dec-11-06 11:29 AM
not particularly impressed by the performances, writing, locations or photography. costuming was cool — i dug the clothes. laughed a couple of times and i managed to last an hour an a half before checking out. because of the reviews and synopsis of the movie, i voted that we watch and discuss this movie 1st. after seeing it, i'm not happy with my choice.

on another note, i got another indie flick from netflix this past weekend called "happy accidents" — a sci-fi romantic comedy starring mirisa tomei and vincent d'onofrio (of law & order fame). slightly weird, extremely quirky but very enjoyably. kind of a "high fidelity" but told, instead, by the female with strange science fiction-like elements.

but uhhhh, nashville felt like it was a project by an aspiring filmmaker whose friends were afraid to tell him that he was a bad writer and director who didn't have enough money in the film to hide his ineptness.