Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFor me it wasnt so much "boring" as it was "rambling"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=234961&mesg_id=235847
235847, For me it wasnt so much "boring" as it was "rambling"
Posted by DubSpt, Tue Dec-05-06 04:34 PM
And I tried watching it a few times hoping that it would all come together for me.

I simply just didnt understand what it was trying to go for. Is it a human movie? Is it a political movie? Is it just a movie about country music? I think it is all of those things, but it works out to be none of those things because it is too moment-in-time if you will. There are several interesting stories (Lily Tomlin and Keith Carradine's relationship, the woman who wants to be a singer and ends up being... well I won't spoil that for the people who havent seen it, the lead country singers pomposity but ultimate vulnerability) there is a lot going on to like. But for me it was kind of like taking several of your favorite foods, mixing them together, and calling it a stew. Several of the parts may be good, but that doesnt necessarily make the whole good. I may watch it again and be changed because it could be that I can't see the forest for the trees, but to me it is like listening to a story by an old man who ends up telling you nothing by telling you everything.