Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=186186&mesg_id=188724
188724, I don't think
Posted by janey, Wed Jun-07-06 12:55 PM
that I can continue to discuss this with you rationally.

I really have tried to give a variety of reasoned comments on why the film was made as it was, and you keep coming back to Gore. Either it's bad that Gore's a Democrat or it's bad that Gore won the popular vote or it's bad that Gore had a track record on these issues. So either it's bad that Gore is with the film because it will draw in a lot of people who already are predisposed to like/trust him, or it's bad that Gore is with the film because other people don't like/trust him.

I didn't see Darwin's Nightmare, either. Nothing about it drew me in. Nothing. And I see that you weren't motivated to see it either. Maybe that's why it never hit the top 10, as An Inconvenient Truth did. It sounds like you're not going to see An Inconvenient Truth, either, and I think that's too bad.

But do me a favor, me--an American living in a nation of people who want to drive cars that waste gas as a way of showing those bad terrorists that they haven't won. Me -- an American who sees thoughtful ideas get shouted down by right wing politicos who can present idiotic notions in quick sound bytes. Do ME a favor and don't dismiss the film or talk it down or discourage others from seeing it. I obviously can't change your mind, but could you please not get on the bandwagon AGAINST it? Global warming IS an issue, even if you don't like the film.