Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectWordman says...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=180608&mesg_id=182795
182795, Wordman says...
Posted by Wordman, Thu May-18-06 03:50 PM
...I don't think he hit paydirt with this one like he did with The Tipping Point, but I did really like it. The arguments I've heard about his writings and his books is that he doesn't offer great conclusions or solutions, but I don't really know if I can fault him for that. Coming up with a great solution to homelessness - can ya blame him for not coming up with that? I don't know that he writes with the conclusion/solution in mind, so much as he writes so you'll think about the subject. In that sense, the book was a success because he makes you think about it and come up with your own conclusions.
He has that nasty habit of making me interested in crap I never thought I'd be interested in. Chairs? Muscles in your face? Tennis?
I wasn't expecting Blink to do as much as The Tipping Point, but I did find it provacative.

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams