Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectfair warning. the only good thing about this film is the idea!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=103233&mesg_id=103569
103569, fair warning. the only good thing about this film is the idea!
Posted by dgonsh, Sat Oct-01-05 11:39 PM
somewhere in the idea of this film, there's something great. but it wasnt accomplished here. which is depressing.

oh god, this movie sucked. maybe it didnt suck as much as i believe it sucked, but i went in hyped. the critics ruined this movie for me. it was hailed as the "breakout movie of the toronto int. film fest"

every review ive read has sucked the dick of cronenberg, mortenssan, and the movie itself. and i have no idea why!!!!

the action. extremly limited, but the little it did have was good.

the dialogue is some of the most cliched, amateur, suck-my-dick-theres-no-way-they-actually-call-this-dialogue-type-of-dialogue!!!! im serious. i wanted to laugh at almost every line in this movie. i mean, if cronenberg wrote this as if it was supposed to be kinda funny and making fun of itself, then fine, it accomplished that. but that wasnt the case! this is supposed to be a serious movie.

my goodness, the emotional response i felt throughout the entire film can be summed up in one word. uncomfortable. thats how i felt the whole time.

the sex scenes- uncomfortable, disgusting
the score- awkward, poorly used and uncomfortable. not a bad score, it just wasnt used well here. howard shore should be upset.
the acting- uncomfortable
the dialogue- horrible/uncomfortable

i pretty much hated this movie. maybe im being harsh. honestly, i dont think i wouldve disliked it this much if it hadnt been for all the salivating reviews.

dont waste your time with this. if you do, and you like it, good for you. if you see it and hate it, well, you were warned (but i understand, cause i often disagree with the opinions in okayplayer)

sigh....