Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectShare a good/great movie that got lost due to going straight to streaming.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=749336&mesg_id=749336
749336, Share a good/great movie that got lost due to going straight to streaming.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-01-23 09:44 AM
Nightmare Alley was an extremely well-made taunt thriller that I immensely enjoyed and then promptly forgot about. I think it was partly because it went straight to streaming and didn't have a theatrical release (it was released during COVID right?).

Can you think of other good-to-great movies that got kind of lost in the sauce do to going straight to streamers and no theatrical release?

And not to poop on straight to streaming. I think there are movies that had a much better life/exposure because they went straight to streaming. For example, as much as I liked They Cloned Tyrone, I don't think it would have done well if it had a theatrical release. I think the same is true for Bird Box which was released at the right time on a streamer.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"