Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Jeffersons. My takes,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747270&mesg_id=747270
747270, The Jeffersons. My takes,
Posted by normal35762, Mon Jan-30-23 09:12 AM
Funny show for sure. All the way to the end. Me and my girl have it on in the background all the time and have been through the whole thing twice. Minus a few episodes. It is our go to comfort show right now.

To me it was a mixture of theater play and the dozens and stand up comedy. I can hear it in the way some of the people deliver their line that they had a theater background and I can see some of the guests came from a stand up comedy background. If that makes sense.

George was a stone cold fool. Hardcore and abrasive but had a good heart. Was about that money but will shut you down in a minute if you messed with fam or race.

I liked the way they touched on social issues for that time.

One of the dings on the show or George's character was the way he still rented an apartment when he was ballin like that. He shoulda owned some property. OKP Captainrook years ago in a great post comparing the potential income ceiling of George Jefferson, The Huxtables and Phil Banks mentioned that as a ding to George.

Florence was hilarious but she would have been fired a long time ago talkin' that ish in real life.

Bentley is hilarious! I need to look up why he was out for a few seasons.