Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectExcellent first season. Not sure there needs to be another tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=728755&mesg_id=729530
729530, Excellent first season. Not sure there needs to be another tho
Posted by mrhood75, Wed May-16-18 02:03 AM
(SPOILERS, obviously)

Not there aren't place for the show to go, but I'm not convinced that the show really needs to go there. Fuchs could show up again. The Bolivians and the Chechens could start fighting with each other, or someone else could come in town. There's mystery about what happened to the Detective. But does there really need to be a season of: will he get pulled back in to being an assassin? Will Sally find out what he did and who he is? Is the performance of the Front Page going to bomb? I feel like they should just leave well enough alone and leave all those questions unanswered.

All that said, it was an excellent season of comedy. And I found myself the most entertained at the smallest stuff, especially in the finale: Seal's "Fly Like An Eagle" in Space Jam, the Flight of the Bumblebee, the extended Yojimbo riff, etc. And the stuff about the self-help book in the last episode was gold.

Obviously, the series is coming back. It's been renewed and Hader has said they've started writing the new episodes. I'm hoping that they do it like Vice Principals, and end it after two seasons max.