Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRight? These are sad people
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=683154&mesg_id=703501
703501, Right? These are sad people
Posted by Walleye, Thu Oct-15-15 10:24 AM
Watching this makes me think of that Friends episode where Monica and Chandler lied to a woman giving up her baby for adoption in order to get her baby. And it wasn't a point for reflection on the characters, because it was assumed they were good and alright people because it was their show.

This is probably overblown, but that was a low point in television for me.

You're the Worst has somehow gotten funnier while digging all the way down into these awful, broken weirdos. And the characters are heightened, not compromised. Sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night to cry in your car is some real life shit. And they got Gretchen's kind of explain-it-away perfect and Jimmy's almost-gets-it look of concern before skipping away obliviously, just happy that he's not being cheated on smile was perfect too.

And Lindsay... jesus with the condom (and the "banned from the equestrian center anyhow" joke almost killed me) and her sad attempts to live independently yesterday. "Paul! My toast is still bread!"