Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectVince is giving, at worst, the second best performance on the show.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699652&mesg_id=700330
700330, Vince is giving, at worst, the second best performance on the show.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jul-10-15 10:38 AM
I might even give him first.

People keep making fun of what he's doing for reasons I simply can't wrap my head around. He's a natural with the pulpy dialogue he's given, and he's acting his ass off.

Those who think he's doing poorly must think he's "trying too hard to not be funny" or something dumb like this, and they must forget that Vince did a fuckload of indie dramas in his day, and he's a more-than-capable serious actor when given the material.

If people wanted to gripe about the writing, because the pulpy shit isn't their bag, that I would understand, and Vaughn is easily given the most stylishly pulpy lines on the show by a landslide (McAdams comes in second). Not digging his character based on the writing? Sure, I get it. I really like it, but I'd understand. Not digging his character because "he can't act"/"he's a funny man trying too hard to be serious"/etc? Baffling to me.