Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyou know the funny thing about art? It's subjective
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=697984&mesg_id=698207
698207, you know the funny thing about art? It's subjective
Posted by kayru99, Sat May-23-15 11:55 AM
There is no "cold truth" in art. I actually really liked Lady in the Water, as did many other folks. I liked the tree movie aside from Marky mark and the new girl. Never saw airbender. Village bored the shit outta me. A lot of people I know feel the same way.

You have a different opinion.

About the critics thing in Lady in the Water: fuck the internet message boards. In the ACTUAL reviews of the film (and many many of the negative ones) there were many reviews that spent waaaay too much time going on about how bold it was for Shyamalan to cast himnself and HOW DARE HE have the critic get eaten?!?!?!?

About the racism: yeah, anytime white people intentionally misspell and mispronounce the name of a person of color but got no problem pronouncing/spelling "Depardieu" "Cumberbatch" or any other random odd white person's name..? ESPECIALLY in professional environments (like film critics on a corporate online platform..? Yeah, fuck that.