Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSo what's my role in all this?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=475024&mesg_id=475085
475085, So what's my role in all this?
Posted by Walleye, Fri Sep-11-09 11:38 AM
I feel bad for the fellow that somebody used one of those tenuous-but-durable connections to force him into a position he didn't want to be in *and* that the piece he was asked to criticize wasn't even good enough to warrant something constructive beyond the (probably useful) idea to find a real writer. But airing the whole thing out to the uninvolved public with the unfair trope of half-anonymity for the antagonist of the story is completely self-serving. God knows I've felt the urge for public confession in the "tell me how bad I'm not" vein, but I've mercifully never had the venue for this sort of ugliness.

The frequent, forced profanity sounds like he's trying to convince himself that this isn't enormously passive-aggressive but rather clear, honest, and forthright. It totally isn't. The correct answer to "I will not read your fucking script" for pretty much everybody who reads this is "I didn't send you a fucking script". At one point, he was the rightfully aggrieved party in some stupid squabble, but he's rather successively achieved an impressive character transformation with this bizarre bit of self-directed dishonesty. Which I guess makes him a real writer.