Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectReal Talk: Heat is overrated
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=405677&mesg_id=405677
405677, Real Talk: Heat is overrated
Posted by icecold21, Wed Oct-01-08 08:05 PM
I'm not saying it sucked, just undeserving of all the praise it gets. It just has too many parts that were a little hard to accept. For example, the way Amy Brennamen's (sic) character was so quick to leave the country with this guy she didn't even know all that well that had already lied to her and revealed himself to be a thief and a murderer. Another example is how easily DeNiro's crew, with so much too lose and little to gain, decided to do that "last job". Danny Trejo was just like, "Ehh, fuck it, why not?" I mean, I can roll with it if need be, but they really couldn't have had at least some type of legitimate motivation for doing that? For a movie of this stature, it ought to be better.

Besides that, it just wasn't that exciting, at least not for 3 hours plus. It had some great moments, like the shootout and the famous DeNiro/Pacino coffee scene, but it didn't have enough to justify its hype, IMO. If it wasn't for that one scene, this movie would have been forgotten, relatively speaking. It is just not THAT good.