Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWith you 100%
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3015636&mesg_id=3015718
3015718, With you 100%
Posted by Brew, Wed May-01-19 10:47 PM
I also really liked Zoom. I understood folks' displeasure with it, considering the hard left Dre took from his previous persona and what not. But I was digging it, and also wish he would've gone a little further in that direction since it seemed his lifestyle was moving in that direction.

I obviously loved all the later Dre stuff too, the return to shock and hardcore. It was great music. But definitely seemed a little phony. Dre was clearly still partying and shit but he wasn't deep in the hood like he was in the NWA and Death Row days so I'd have been fine with him leaving that content behind. But again, the music was overall fucking *great* so it gets a pass from me haha.

And I'm with you - I know we've been two of the several but relatively few west coast heads on here for a while (shout out to DJ R-Tistic as well) ... I could also listen to Dre/Death Row/west coast stories forever and never tire of them.