Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectAlso, gotta add that it’s cool to hear Dre seemingly doing so good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3015636&mesg_id=3015716
3015716, Also, gotta add that it’s cool to hear Dre seemingly doing so good
Posted by DJR, Wed May-01-19 10:05 PM
As a kid I remember Dre being fat and seeming kinda dumb and seemingly drunk a lot(this all image but also based on real stories that his ass got in trouble for), the Dee Barnes shit, him getting shot in the leg, getting arrested for breaking somebody’s jaw, getting arrested for drunk driving at like 100 mph or something, on house arrest.....most of this at damn near 30(!), not 20.....it’s good to hear somebody that really seemed like a cartoonish screwup(even to me who was like 12)sincerely being solely about his family, eating healthy, and exercising, and at 50+ talking excitedly about his future and what’s new and what’s next.....it’s so, so dope and in a way, inspiring. I’m legit happy for him on every level.

It’s just a good look to hear one of our at one time seemingly self-destructive legends turn his life around and be seemingly good and all set. We lost Heavy D, Nate, Phife, Prodigy, Dilla etc. to various health issues way too young and that’s not even bringing up those lost to violence. If you would’ve told me in ‘94 that in 25 years Dre would be old and healthy and sounding like my Uncle back then who juiced and ate bananas and rode bicycles and shit, I definitely wouldn’t have believed it. So really that’s doper than anything else music related. Same with LL, though that’s far less surprising to me based on how I viewed him back then. He’s always seemed like Superman to me, which is inspirational in a whole other way. Respect to them both though, for real. I’m glad that they’re both doing great at 50+ and I think I just loved hearing them chop it up like that.