Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWith Black Thought His Process Is A Mystery To Me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3014516&mesg_id=3014518
3014518, With Black Thought His Process Is A Mystery To Me
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Mon Mar-11-19 09:57 PM
By listening to both of his freebie EPs, all the content has been personal stuff but he's kind of been doing that for years anyways; so I'm not sure how he goes about making verses, rhymes, and songs; does he actually write down shit or is he one of those Jay-Z kats who keeps it all at the top of his head; does he hold back verses before letting the Roots crew hear them or does he just spit them when they want to hear what he has; or is he one of those who only makes up verses on the spot when needed?

I know Questo/Mr.15 has said every Roots album has a theme, and that I get but I'm wondering how many have of the members have say so or a vote to what Black Thought brings to the table or do they let him do his own thing and try to work around what he rhymes about and ideas he has since he's the main emcee of the crew.

I'm just glad Black Thought has had the chance to go outside the camp to make projects but over the years I've forgotten so much of what Questo has said on these boards, in mags, and stories he's told over the years to remember if he's answered all these questions before to the process of & who has more clout in their job in the process, cause it's been a long time indeed, and I've been wondering with Knuckles gone and the newest affiliated member Stro E. there is he sitting back and speaking up when called or is he lending his expertise as much as so of the other long standing members?