Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSeems like it's been in the works for almost a decade now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3013383&mesg_id=3013415
3013415, Seems like it's been in the works for almost a decade now
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Jan-25-19 02:10 AM
First time I sensed something with "All Good Things," which was supposed to be an "Carried Away," were they basically talk about how sick they are of the music industry. Then I interviewed Thes in 2010, and there was a subtext that he was just get tired of doing a lot of things needed to continue to build an audience in the '10s. The group didn't get into social media until **maybe** Instagram.

Then when the started putting out those "Getting Off Stage" EPs in 2015, I knew the end was in sight. I figured after Vol. 3 that they were going to call it a day, but that never dropped. I'm guessing at least some of the stuff on that got repurposed for this album.

>In my mind this is the exact kind of group I could see making
>hiphop till old age. I have seen these two live a number of
>times, and its been some of the best live hip-hop I've seen to
>date.

I agree. They were excellent at what they did and I had hoped that were going to keep it going for as long as possible. And I loved every single show of theirs I went to.

>Think its money? Family? Self exploration?

Probably the second two a least a little. And just the game wasn't in them anymore. Especially Thes.