Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI Just Wish Artists Would Clarify What Their Releases "Are"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3013172&mesg_id=3013321
3013321, I Just Wish Artists Would Clarify What Their Releases "Are"
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Sat Jan-19-19 02:02 AM
I use to work in a record store and I hated when artists would do a promotions radio tour and tell people "my new album drops on so & so date" but then to find out it's only a digital only release or an EP (which these days is digital EP) and people go/call the store getting mad at the workers for not knowing about a release that isn't in physical format, or it comes out later on.

Or better yet when an artists claims they have a new album out but it's just a mixtape but not the real album, and people go looking for it, only to find out it's a digital release, or when an tidal artist have their music only on tidal for a few days to weeks before it's on itunes & etc.

Or just when an artists quote the wrong damn date or be hyping up an album title but when it actually drops the title is completely different and people think they are getting duped by stores.

Another trend I hate is now some artists are releasing albums but it has no tracklisting visible on the outside of the product just on the inside booklet (that's if they actually decide to make a booklet available to the customer), this doesn't really bother me personally for things that I buy, I just makes me mad when a customer wants to know what songs are on the cd before buying it even though you tell them it's the newest cd that artist has or they ask for the album by title & don't believe you when you hand it to them but want to make sure that's the one they asked for.