Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSeems like things at ST been messed up for awhile now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3012168&mesg_id=3012178
3012178, Seems like things at ST been messed up for awhile now.
Posted by phemom, Mon Dec-03-18 01:52 PM
Madlib is a cat that makes a million projects and barely leaves his house....so for him not to have dropped a project in years is a red flag off top.

Pretty sure Guilty Simpson is still on the label....but he hasn't dropped a proper project in years. Just one offs with producers I've never heard of and an ep with MED (which wasn't on ST either).

None of the projects ST has been putting out has made a dent: Rejoycer,Bauhaus,Stimulator Jones,Jerry Paper, etc....nothing.

The Homeboy/Edan project got lost in the sauce....and even the (dope ass) Mndsgn album didn't do much. I haven't seen much promo for many of these projects....and if I didn't get ST's emails I wouldn't know much of any of them.

Rappcats may be slow, but at least when they do drop a project everyone knows about it. I wouldn't be surprised if PBW has stake in Rappcats because I don't think Egon ever had that much money to go it alone....it should've been a Stones Throw offshoot in the first place.

....I just would like some new Madlib albums, and I'll support whichever label that puts them out.