Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHaha nah I know what you mean.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3011491&mesg_id=3011964
3011964, Haha nah I know what you mean.
Posted by Brew, Tue Nov-27-18 09:40 PM
I'd def agree with Royce, Pharoahe, and Lupe as part of this elite group but as polarizing as he is you have to include Eminem, even begrudgingly. Even if his music sucks the last 8 years or longer, he strings words together as well as any of them.

Thought would def be most enjoyable of that group. But IMO Royce ain't far behind anymore. He's actually been steadily IMPROVING his MCing skills literally since 2008 which is kind of unheard of outside of Thought.

But now that I'm thinking of it more, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE me some Pharoahe Monch. Like I legit smile everytime I hear him start rapping. I think his career has been largely hit or miss but even if the overall end product isn't 100% my cup of tea the dude still flows as well as anyone, puts words together with the best of them, and is just a damn pleasant dude to listen to on the mic. I think it's his voice that elicits positive feelings from me. He's just got one of those happy voices.