Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm A Godfather Don Stan, But Naw It Was Just A Little Behind The Times
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3005293&mesg_id=3005548
3005548, I'm A Godfather Don Stan, But Naw It Was Just A Little Behind The Times
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Thu May-24-18 10:02 PM
"Hazardous" is a weird album, it's around the time when rappers had upbeat tracks and a lot of jazzy beats too, but when I found a copy of this album on vinyl (for $2) back in 1994, I was so hyped cause by then I was a big fan of Ultramagnetic MC's & Cenobites demo stuff, so I was thinking this was going to be on the same level, nope.

Is this album hard to find, hells yeah, was it overlooked by almost everyone, hells yeah, is it a great album from one emcee who also produces his own beats, hells yeah, should've gotten more praise, hells yeah, but to me it's mad dated, if it came out in 1988 instead of 1991 would it have got the exposure it should've got, I believe it would've but to me this album only has three dope songs on it ("Hazardous", "Homicide", & "Read The Lines") while the rest is just decent for an unknown at the time of it's release.