Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThat's How It Goes Sometimes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3001827&mesg_id=3001928
3001928, That's How It Goes Sometimes
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Mon Feb-26-18 09:06 PM
I remember when I had a two year subscription to Stress Magazine and to Underground Soundz magazine, and two Bomb Hip-Hop zine, Stress went under but I still had about 6 more months of magazines left to get and boom they were no more.

Bomb Hip-Hop I use to like that one got in early when they released a LP compilation, and ended up finding out info on it, even talked to the owner a few times, I did a two year subscription to them as well but after a year he stopped printing the magazine but I talked to him and he sent me a bunch of old issues to make up for what new issues I didn't get.

For Underground Soundz, they was already sketchy cause I remember buying two issues and couldn't find the rest so I called them up and asked them about it and they said they had a deal with a distributor for a trail period and only 3 issues were shipped to stores but since the magazine was indie they were only putting out issues four times a year instead of monthly as advertised so they did sell many issues and lost their distribution deal.

I ended up buying a two year subscription if they sent me four previous issues that before the ones I had already, but no show for almost four months after I sent the money, so I called and they told me the info about the mag, asked if I wanted a refund, & I told them to just send the issues I asked about and sign me up for a year of future issues (four coming up issues) and they sent me one back issue, and two new issues but then nothing; found out they closed up shop, still didn't get the other five issues I paid for, oh well.

Since then I've been hesitant to do subscription to magazines, but I did do one for URB as well, got all the issues for two years plus a two extras cause they shipped twice.

I was going to do a subscription to Wax Poetics after the third issue but by then I was buying too many records and bills caught up with me, and couldn't afford to subscribe to them but damn the prices for theirs was mad high but worth it though, I should've done it cause I missed out on all the good ones cause every place in my town stopped carrying Wax Poetics after issue seven.