Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecttrack by track
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3001397&mesg_id=3002381
3002381, track by track
Posted by mista k5, Tue Mar-06-18 01:06 PM
Overthinking - 4.5/5
Classic Elzhi rhymes and perfect beat for it. this will stay in rotation

Self Made - 4/5
Yeah the beat is too recognizable but i like how he flipped it. Good rhymes. good track overall may stay in rotation.

Cuffin' Season - 4/5
Good beat, good/great rhymes. might not stay in rotation, a bit forgettable.

Seventeen - 4.5/5
Classic Elzhi rhymes, the beat change on this is awesome. right before it comes in im thinking this could had been better then bam. definitely will stay in rotation.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. - 4.5/5
Really like this beat and classic elzhi style on the rhymes. this track could use some variety, the rhymes and beat both get in a lane and just stay in it for the whole duration. will stay in rotation but i think i will get tired of it.

To Do List - 4.5/5
Okay this beat is dope, i think on the first listen Friends got me a bit bored and I could had used a hyped track after it. I think this song is really good but two back to back laid back tracks isnt doing it for me. Will stay in rotation and I can see why everyone likes it so much.

Talkin' Bout - 4.5/5
Really like this beat, track kind of has an SV vibe to it. Good hook, elzhi verse is dope. Will stay in rotation.

Listen - 5/5
i really like this, this feels like the most cohesive track so far. the way the beat, hook and rhymes work is dope to me. definitely will stay in rotation.

Breguets - 5/5
I just love this beat so much, classic Elzhi rhymes. This kind of has the same problem as friends but the beat is dope enough that i dont really mind it. Favorite track on this for sure. Will definitely stay in rotation.

Thank You - 5/5
These last three tracks are the best sequence to me. This track reminds me of magestik legend. Really dope beat and rhymes. another rotation track.

i could probably rearrange the tracks to deal with my minor gripes. Great album, would love to see a pt 2.