Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectname one thing that Master P and No limit did better than other Boutique labels?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3001334
3001334, name one thing that Master P and No limit did better than other Boutique labels?
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Feb-07-18 11:48 PM
Master P was huge 20 years back however what was one thing you think he did hat was better than other Boutique labels before No Limit and after?
3001417, Promote Future Releases With Full Color Covers...
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Fri Feb-09-18 11:12 PM
...inside other released albums' cd booklet, personally I was never a fan of 90% of No Limit's releases but I worked at a record store and had people fiending for that Mercedes album for over three or four years before it was officially released.

3001459, He really knew his audience and gave them the music they wanted
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Feb-12-18 12:46 AM
That sounds simplistic, but the folks that loved No Limit, really loved that label because they put out music they wanted to here. He didn't compromise the themes of their music by striving for more mainstream / crossover success.

Like a lot of folks around here, I wasn't a fan of a lot of No Limit's music.

But you can't front on his awareness of what his audience wanted and his ability to consistently meet that expectation.

One of the GOAT business people in hip-hop or modern music.