Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNow you know 21 Savage ain't approach MJJ Mega stardom.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3000043&mesg_id=3000209
3000209, Now you know 21 Savage ain't approach MJJ Mega stardom.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jan-12-18 09:30 AM
>Yea ionno my brother can play chance for his daughter..
>
>Curses dont mean shit.. content is key imo

I'm guessing you don't have kids.

>
>The biggest song in the world right now (according to spotify)
>is Post Malone and 21 Savage - Rockstar...

You hung up on the sound but the sound isn't the issue. Yeah hip-hop is the sound of Pop and Katy Perry got hip-hop infused hits so yeah Rock Star's sound is cool and my kids bop to it when the clean version comes on the radio but you don't reach MJJ or even Justin Beiber or Bruno Mars status with opening lyrics on your radio song like "Ayy, I've been fuckin' hoes and poppin' pillies...."

Sidenote: Its funny you mention 21 Savage because my wife's company was trying to decide between brining in 21 Savage and T-Pain and everyone was like "21 Savage who?". This is a tech company with tons of the cool young people and they went with T-Pain.

Anyway, having a song that charts on the Pop charts isn't the same as reaching Pop Mega Stardom where the grandmas and the kids know you and your song by name and you doing Ellen appearances.

>
>That is the sound of pop... I am sure Bruno and cardi will
>usurp that.. but most rappers dont NEED to go THAT pop since
>rap is already commonplace pop music.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"