Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNo black artist can compete with Bruno Mars? GTFOWTBS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3000043&mesg_id=3000148
3000148, No black artist can compete with Bruno Mars? GTFOWTBS
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jan-10-18 03:29 PM
This isn't about knocking Bruno Mars. Dude is hella talented and he has a great time behind him. Conceded.

But it's ridiculous to suggest that there can be only ONE artist who can can achieve the success that he has at this moment in time and that there is no black male who can.

Shit even when Michael Jackson was the Michael Jackson of his time, there were plenty of artists who were in the conversation and competing with him. Artist like Prince, Madonna, George Michael, Whitney Huston, Lionel Richie. None achieved the success that MJJ did, but neither has Bruno Mars.

Also, this is such a ridiculous position because there are clearly other artist who are competing for the top of the Pop Kingdom in 2018. Rihanna, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry. My question is why are there no Black Males trying to reach that level.

My point is that it seems like no black male artist is even trying to compete. My question why? Is King of Pop in 2018 too corny for any brother to make a run at?

>I dont think you guys understand how hard being a Pop machine
>is..
>
>Bruno is who he is because The Smeezingtons spent years
>writing the hits for others (Wavin Flag, Right Round,
>Billionaire, Nothing On You).. and studying hits in general...
>he can deconstruct most top 10s from the last 40 years..
>
>Add that to the fact that he was already a seasoned performer
>since he's been doing this shit since 5..
>
>You cant catch up.. You can be different..
>
>But you cannot get in his lane..

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"