Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSAME.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2992078&mesg_id=2992255
2992255, SAME.
Posted by Brew, Sun Jun-25-17 04:54 PM
>RE: Royce been the best lyricist to me since Bar exam 2

Definitely. I've always been a fan but when I heard Bar Exam 2 he started to creep way closer to my top 5. Since then, he's been in my top 5 pretty steadily.

Folks say he lacks content, and there's some substance to that. But he raps A LOT. And he raps about guns/getting his dick sucked so creatively and has such insane flow that it still sounds fresh even if it's the thousandth time we've heard him talk about those things.

But people also overlook the content he brings on his solo albums. Death is Certain, Success is Certain, Layers ... he was bringing it big time content-wise, telling personal stories and giving us some introspection that we don't typically get from him in Slaughterhouse and some of his mixtape work.

Anyway dude has been on fire for close to a decade now. And he was really, really good before BE2 as well. He's one of only a few traditional MCs I still get LUDICROUSLY excited to hear new music from these days, as I get older.

>or Bad Meets Evil welcome to hell.

Man that album is frustrating, cause the beats are so bad and Eminem is so ... post-2010 Eminem that most of it is unlistenable to me. Waste of some really damn good Royce verses.