Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI've Heard It And Hated It
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2991311&mesg_id=2992978
2992978, I've Heard It And Hated It
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Thu Jul-06-17 09:30 PM
It was another thrown together project, the beats were okay but nothing special, Jay seemed too comfortable on the mic but not hungry and trying to do the trap rappin' which never worked for him.

Not a hater just heard way better material from him many years ago and expect that same vibe every album not just once in a blue moon, he's trying to go into Nas, Kanye, & Common's lane with subject matter but almost five to ten years too late homie...stay in your "Hustler" lane.

I've never cared for his personal rhymes on his albums and now he's tried to make a bunch of them and just bored me to skip to the next song after the first verse.

No I.D.'s beats aren't bad just plain, he did a better job when he got backed with Common, but even those beats were just aight, a friend said this album worked cause of the "one producer, one rapper" theory but to me it made me not hyped to want to hear the next song cause I knew it would all be on the same vibe, if a producer doesn't make me turn up my speaker or nod my head by the third track, then you ain't doing your job homie...no disrespect to No I.D. cause I still bump his solo album from time to time and miss that sound.

I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this cd or get it as a promo cause I would've hate to throw it in the trash or collect dust.