Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHe's In The Conversation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2974837&mesg_id=2975650
2975650, He's In The Conversation
Posted by Luke Cage, Tue Oct-18-16 05:54 PM
I still have Cube as #1 and Pac as #2 and then I have K Dot at #3 (although honestly I feel like it should be split up between best LA MC and best Bay MC because LA & The Bay are so different).

For Cube still has one of if not the best 3 album runs in Hip Hop history with Straight Outta Compton, AMW and Death Certificate. I like Section 80 but I wouldn't put it on the level of any of those Cube albums. If K dot drops another great album after TPAB (I'm not counting the untitled release as an album) then he can certainly make that claim. The tough thing for him and why some won't put him at number 1 is because we haven't seen the worldwide impact of his music just yet. Cube literally had a massive hand in changing Hip Hop and popular music and I don't know that K dot will ever be able to do that. Just in terms of music though I think it's a fair comparison and if

As far as Pac goes it's hard to imagine anyone surpassing his overall legacy as an artist but I do think both of K Dot's proper albums are better than Pac's most acclaimed album Me Against The World. I still personally like Strictly 4 My Niggaz over anything K Dot has done but I wouldn't be shocked to see K Dot doing an ever better album with his next release because he just seems to be in a zone right now.