Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe thing that gets me with Cee-Lo is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2973662&mesg_id=2973822
2973822, The thing that gets me with Cee-Lo is
Posted by Anonymous, Sat Sep-24-16 04:35 AM
That he and Goodie played the role of conscious and always had a sense of positivity.

Cee-Lo started with Git Up Git Out and continued that persona probably through Common's A Song For...

Shit, on Common's G.O.D., he gave us one of the most down to earth real perspectives and somehow didn't come of preachy.

And then he jumped to this solo/Hollywood career and his persona just didn't line up with what I felt I was led to believe.

It's was like "this is the same dude making all those conscious records back in the day?"

I remember seeing him on My Sweet 16 and his wife presented herself in the same light of being spiritual and conscious and then in the show, her and the daughter were so materialistic it was odd to me. And that's not to say you can't be both and they have every right to enjoy their hard-earned money, but something just didn't mesh to me.

And many of my assumptions are my own fault for judging them with the little I knew but I just felt like he came up preaching one thing and then was living another. Like the conscious persona was just a gimmick.

Not sure if anyone else felt like that.